About Science Club
Science club of Shri Vaishnav Institute of Management was started with an aim intended to invite many eminent scientists who would share their experience with students and motivate them to get scientific knowledge. The club provides platform for the students to enhance their knowledge and skill by actively participating in time to time activities organized by club.
- To help students acquire basic knowledge of Science.
- To help students develop a scientific way of learning.
- To write technical and scientific description.
- To keep an account of new publications of science.
- Inauguration of model making competition by Mr. Ali Akbar Fakhri, Senior Scientist RRCAT, Indore
- Model displaying by the students of B.Sc. (CS) 1st year
- Birth Anniversary of Shrinivasa Ramanujan (Dec - 2022)
- IAPT Examination for B.Sc. Students (Jan - 2023)
- Science Day Celebration (Feb - 2023)
- Visit to RRCAT on the occasion of Science Day
- Quiz Competition (May - 2023)
Model making competition:
Every year model making competition is organized this competition is conducted in order to engage students to show their creativity and also to give wings to their imagination and thoughts. The competition is all about the enhancement of the students.
Visit to Ujjain Planetarium (Taramandal)
Students were given opportunity to visit Planetarium. Students learnt every aspects of space included solar system, Milky Way, constellation, asteroids, history or formation of Sun, Moon and Earth etc. Which are the major tools of science literacy.
Visit to RRCAT
Students were given opportunity to visit RRCAT laboratories. About 40 scientific exhibits were set up at 16 different laboratories to explain the scientific and technical activities of RRCAT and to demonstrate a few concepts in basic sciences. There were exhibits related to technologies of Accelerators, Lasers, Cryogenics, Superconductivity, Magnets, and demonstration of Fire & Safety aspects.
Mathematics lecture series by Dr. Ashish Kumar and Dr. Anand Prakash (IIT, Indore). Seminar on Queuing Theory by Dr. Sinigdha Banerjee, Professor and Head SOS DAVV, Indore (M.P.) In a guest lecture, students get new perspectives and opinions and Student gets benefit to relate theoretical with practical inputs of field. Series of such session pour an extra enthusiasm to student to give practical approach to their study.
Team Science Club
- Dr. Namrata Soni, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science - Convener
- Ms. Disha Kusmakar, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science - Member
- Ms. Radhika Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of Management – Member