Case Development Cell (CDC)
The Case Development Cell was formed to emphasize on making learning process challenging and interesting with more practical approach thereby fostering creativity. Recognizing the need of showcasing the real life situation from business world and emerging market like India, CDC promotes development of high quality teaching cases as instrument to facilitate teaching for academics, and to add to practical knowledge of faculty and students. Case Analysis Workshops for faculty and students enhance the analytical skills of learners. CDC acts as catalyst for effective simulation for management faculty and students. Cases developed by participants in case writing workshops are published in reputed journal. The institute endeavours to promote effective learning and teaching with cases, offers Case Writing and Teaching Workshops through the year.
- To facilitate the development of case writing skills in the participants of academia and industry.
- To encourage use of case study methods as an academic tool enriching the analytical skills of participants.
- To enrich the participant with analytical skills for using case method.
- To provide an opportunity to identify& analyze real business situations.
- To develop case studies reflecting Indian situations for use in teaching and training.
- National Case Writing Workshop- Yearly
- Case Analysis Workshop (For faculty & students)
National Case Writing Workshop
The objective of case writing workshop is to facilitate the development of case writing skills in the participants. It aims to encourage use of case study methods as an academic tool enriching the analytical skills of participants and enrich the participant with analytical skills for using case method and develop case studies reflecting Indian situations for use in teaching and training. This workshop will emphasize the value of the case method in the learning process. It is intended for all those with an interest in using case studies as a teaching tool, as well as those who are interested in research and development of such teaching cases. The workshop aims to enable the development of writing case studies; participants will learn the theory behind developing a good case study and the guiding principles of writing case studies
Resource Person for the workshop was Dr. Upinder Dhar, Honourable Vice Chancellor, Shri Vaishnav Vidyapeeth Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. There were 39 participants from industry and education sector.
Organizations Visited for preparing cases were: Smart City, Indore, National Olympiad Foundation Pvt. Ltd., Indore centre, Maan Aluminium Ltd., Quantile Analytics Pvt Ltd, Chai Sutta Bar, Techinfini Solutions, Swaha Resource Management Pvt.Ltd., Linkites, etc.
Participants learnt the theory behind developing a good case study and the guiding principles to write case studies. Participants have built a strong foundation for developing their own cases. The case writing workshop has provided a great opportunity to develop valuable writing skills, inspiring the participants to write and use own cases thus improving the quality of teaching. Participative and collaborative learning has been an interesting experience for management pedagogy.
4 D’s – (i) DATA & INFORMATION COLLECTION (ii) DRAFTING (iii) DISCUSSION (iv) DOCUMENTATION were discussed.
Case Analysis Workshop
Case analysis workshop organized for enhancing analytical skills of students.The expertise knowledge of IIM faculty; Dr. Sushant Mishra, IIM Indore, Dr. Sanjeev Tripathi, IIM Indore, share their expertise and developed an insight towards real situations of business organizations. The objective of the workshop was to provide design for solving the case.Cases place students in real-life situations, forcing them to identify with the protagonist and come up with solutions to a plausible problemBy the end of the workshop, students should be able to understand therequirement of industry.Developing professionals who are creative at problem solving and the skill of analysis and critical thinking .
- Dr. Deepa Joshi , Associate Professor, Department of Management - Convener
- Dr.Digamber Negi, Associate Professor, Department of Management - Member
- Dr.Bharti Agrawal, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science - Member
- Ms. VrandaAgar, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science - Member
- Mr. RamBhaveshSharan, Assistant Professor, Department of Management - Member