NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS) Cell
About NSS Cell
About NSS Cell (NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME) organization was established by Ministry of Youth affairs and Sports, Govt. of India. It is monitored by State universities through proper channel of government. NSS cell organizes social activities inside and outside the Institute according to planning of NSS Cell of affiliating university Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore on time to time.
- Personality Development of students through community service
- Develop self discipline in the students
- Increase coordination among others
- Encourage the students for social service
- Orientation Program for NSS Volunteers
- NSS day Celebration
- Blood Donation Camps
- Special Seven Days Camp
Orientation Program for NSS Volunteers
Industry expert, Ms. Mandeep Maitra former HR-Country Head HDFC was the resource person. The objective to organize this event was to improve the knowledge about personality development and communication skills and to create awareness about the recent trends of HR in Industry. An Orientation program for NSS volunteers organized by NSS Cell every year for awareness about NSS and the importance of social activities. Here, the objectives of NSS along with its need to to the students and the society are communicated to the students.
The purpose of tree plantation is to save the endangered environment and to beautify our life. The Institute organizes tree plantation every year in the Institute and outside the Institute too. The learning outcomes of the plantation are to develop love for nature, to appreciate the value of plants and to reflect feeling of service to the community.
- Plantation on 05/08/2017- 60 plants planted in the Institute.
- Plantation on 04/08/2018- 50 plants planted in the Institute.
- Plantation on 03/08/2019- 70 plants planted at Village Rangwasa.
NSS day Celebration
NSS cell celebrates NSS day on September 24 every year. The cell organizes different competitions and other social activities on this day.
- 24/09/2017-Poster Making Competition organized
- 24/09/2018-Essay writing Competition organized
- 24/09/2019-Health checkup camp organized.
Blood Donation Camps
The purpose to organize a blood donation camp is to motivate people to donate blood and social works. NSS Cell organizes blood donation camp every year in the Institute.
- 24/11/2017- Total 100 units blood donated to M.Y.H, Indore.
- 07/08/2018- Total 40 units blood donated to Indore Cloth Market Hospital
- 27/11/2018- Total 125 units blood donated to M.Y.H, Indore.
- 07/08/2019- Total 40 units blood donated to Indore Cloth Market Hospital
- 25/11/2019- Total 110 units blood donated to M.Y.H, Indore.
Special Seven Days Camp
The objective of seven days residential camp is to encourage the students to follow daily routine for their overall development. It provides opportunities to the students to play their role in planning and executing development of projects, developing the quality of leadership and Participation of youth in national development. This camp is organized in the rural areas only. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands-on experience to the youth in delivering community service. The camp involves NSS volunteers to undertake the scheduled activities with ‘Beti Bachao Abhiyan’, ‘Jan Saksharta Abhiyan’, ‘Jal Sanrakshan Abhiyan’ and ‘Say no to Polythene’. The NSS volunteers also make awareness through door to door campaign on cleanliness, spread of diseases, and importance of environment and judicious use of electricity, water harvesting and importance of ground water. Special Seven Days Camp organized at Village Rangwasa many times as it is the adopted village by the institute.
- Dr. Jitendra Jain, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science - Program Officer
- Dr. Abhikrati Shukla, Assistant Professor, Department of Management - Program Officer
- Ms. Ruchira Mucchal, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science - Member
- Ms. Khushboo Jain, Assistant Professor, Department of Management - Member